Saturday, February 21, 2009

I want to go to Disney World....

While watching the Miley Cyrus Birthday Cake special on the Food Network today. I had a surprisingly eye opening moment about my life."I would really love to go back to Disney World, too bad I can't." BUT WHY CAN'T I???

Life is so precious and so short. One of THE biggest desires of my heart is to travel, and yet I convince myself that it would be a waste of time and money. Irresponsible to pick up and go somewhere, because "honestly Amanda you have responsibilities and bills to pay" amongst other excuses. That's what I have said to myself time and time again!! I cannot believe that I am just now realizing how sad this is. Not only how sad it is but the fact I don't even believe it! I just say it because that's what your "supposed" to think.

We are only here for so long, I don't want to live one more second thinking that my bills and responsibilities are more important than enjoying my life and following my dreams, Or else I fear that on my death bed I will be thinking the same thing as before "honestly Amanda you have responsibilities and bills to pay." WHAT A SCARY THOUGHT!!

It's important to fulfill your responsibilities and to pay your bills, but you should do those things to live instead of living those things.

Make sense? It does for me FINALLY!!

I am a free spirit, and maybe a little weird at times. Most people do not understand why I want to do the things that I want to do, and some find them to be a waste of time and money. Even down to the little things. I like Ice Skating, and Bowling and Rock Climbing and Horse Back Riding and Laser Tag and Putt Putt and Fishing and Batting Cages and Golf Ranges and Playing Tennis or even a few games of HORSE in the driveway. I like PARKS and Nature Trails and Riding Bikes on the beach and going dancing and taking short road trips and planning longer trips around the WORLD. I NEVER do any of those things. I am going to spend more time doing those things and less time concerned with why I shouldn't be doing them. I pray to find more people that share the same desires.

I WILL backpack through Europe, I WILL go to Disney World again. I will visit Tropical Beaches. I will pack my weekends full of kid-like activities that may or may not be a waste of time and money, and I will take millions of road trips.

Most importantly I will do all things while not caring how much our economy sucks, or how much the cost of gas is!!

Anyone care to join me? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment